Kyiv City State Administration and Main Department of Urban Development and Architecture are launching a Competition for the best concept of reservation and development of Kyiv islands.
The Aim of the Competition
to suggest the best concept of reservation and development of Kyiv islands
Main Objectives of the Competition
- to draw the attention of professionals and general public to the poor state of urban landscape in the central part of the city;
- to suggest effective solutions to this problem, adopting a responsible attitude to nature, city and future generations, with the prospects for European integration;
- to involve remarkable Ukrainian and foreign specialists in architecture, urban design and landscape design, both as participants and members of the jury;
- to define on a competitive basis the best urban landscape ideas for the central part of Kyiv;
- to consolidate the efforts of authorities, professionals and general public and to create a precedent of transparent and effective collaboration when solving problems of the national capital
The International Competition for the concept of reservation and development of Kyiv islands provides:
Realization of the most efficient concept of reservation and development of Kyiv islands.
Realization of the winning project will face major Kyiv problems such as:
- to maintain valuable natural, historical and cultural complexes and objects;
- to include islands in the central zone of the city;
- to restore the broken natural systems;
- to create conditions for effective tourism, recreation and other outdoor activities in natural conditions;
- to promote ecological educational work.
The ability to integrate the ideas of the competition project as to the prospective development of the territory into the major legal documents that regulate urban development in this area, in the first place – the Comprehensive plan of Kyiv for 2025, which is now under development.